Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fuck! I am useless

“Can killing be truly justified? By sharp reasoning or by strong prejudice. Through statistics or through examples? Would this guilt ever go away. Or would it just hang around me like humid air in this august afternoon. I should rather wrap myself in the soft cozy layers and switch on my AC. ” -- August 6, 2009

“I need to work. One cannot waste his life thinking. Rolling in bed all day long and listening to the ticking of the second hand of the clock. People work so hard, and I lie here, on my back, like an insect. And I should eat. If you don’t eat properly you have bad thoughts.Also need to quit smoking.” --June 6, 2009

“I saw someone die on road today and, for once, felt jealous.” -- March 3, 2010

“I thought art would provide an escape. Maybe I can write about the discomfort or paint an image of it or sing about it or make a movie on it. But how would that help? I need to work, it’s the best distractor.” --November 7,2009

“Sujoy is getting married. Lucky bastard. Wish I could fall in love. I need to look better. Haircut tomorrow” -- July 19, 2009

“Slit my wrist today. The pain gets you high. Backed out in 10 mins. Next time, target 20 mins.” -- February 16, 2010

“Is this guilt a way to attach some importance to my petty life. They were killed much before I was born and very far from where I live. Everyone has a name to call himself with. A profession that can describe him.I have nothing to identify myself with. Is my guilt for real or just a way to salvage some pride? ” --September 11, 2009

“There are so many people here. There is so much life and so much to do. They all get up with a purpose and with a hope. Things and people to look forward to. They take it all so seriously. They all can’t be wrong. They are all going somewhere. They have all progressed so much." -- June 28, 2009

“People in Mumbai live like people might live in hell. In pigeon holes and in iron cages. Maybe people everywhere live like this. Maybe this is hell. Why do I care? I carry my hell with me.” -- May 21, 2009

9 comments:

  1. its all about forgetting and not caring i guess. not even about the uselessness. and yes .. the seriousness that everyone pretends to carry is surprising sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply amazing...
    but i don't understand sequence of dates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Hell is other people' - Sartre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully expressed discussion with self. i also couldn't understand the sequence of dates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second nani..but felt the nerve tingling,why do i also feel the same..but where does the courage (cowardice) to slit the wrist comes from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't feel jealous ,you'll reach there...

    ReplyDelete